if you are looking for things to do in tokyo, lets vist Tsukiji Honguwanji.
it very close to tsukiji fish market.
The history of the Tsukiji Hongwanji
The Tsukigi Honguwanji Buddhist Temple is a branch temple of the Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji-ha denomination, commonly know as Nishi Hongwanji, of which the Mother Temple, Or Honzan, is Located in Kyoto.
The history of this temple date back to the year 1617 when Junnyo shonin, the 12th hierarchical leader, or monshu, of the Honguwanji, established a temple at Yokoyama-cho near Asakusa in Edo (old-time Tokyo).
Know in those days as the Edo Asakura Gobo, the temple went up in flames in the Great Fire of 1657.
Unfortunately, permission to rebuild on the original site was denied by the Edo Bukufu (feudal government), as it did not fit in with reconstruction plans for the area.
In exchange, the temple was allocated a parcel of land off the shoreline of Hacchobori, which had to be reclaimed from the sea. This land reclamation and reconstruction project was undertaken by countless devout followers mainly living on nearby Tsukudajima. the word Tsukiji literally means “built- up land” indicating that this district was reclaimed land.
When the main worship hall, or Hondo, was built on this land, the temple came to be called Tsukiji Gobo. Thus, the district around the temple is called Tsukiji due to historical background.
That temple was lost in the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, and the present temple that replaced it, with Chuta, Professor of the faculty of Architecture at Tokyo University. The construction began in the year 1931 and was completed in 1934, displaying the fervent devotion of the Shinshu followers. In 2011, the temple was registered as tangible cultural asset of Japan.
Closest station is Hibiya line Tsukiji station, Exit 1.
Tsukiji Hongwanj. How To worship. 築地本願寺での参拝の仕方